Claire

Cult of the Old Gods

147 posts in this topic

Cultum Veteris Caelestes

Before Andraste and the Chantry there were the Old Gods and the Temples dedicated to them. In every major city there was a tower dedicated to the dragon gods. Every clerics and priest and priestess was revered, they were the most powerful mages in the Imperium. Then came Andraste and Hessarian turning Tevinter into a Chantry faithful country. The Purging commenced and every temple became a Circle or a Chantry, the faithful were killed and every magister was forced to commit to the Chantry, or die. Some hid, and some lied. Tevinter thought the Old Gods religion was gone, but it was merely underground.

It lived, and it wants Tevinter back.

[lore page - coming soon] | [group page - coming soon]

UPDATE! Uprising Timeline!
Let me know what goes into this timeline according to your RPing guys!
Spoiler

Uprising Timeline - Keep Updated!

Spoiler

Relevant 951 Threads

Kingsway, 951

Harvestmere, 951

Firstfall, 951

Wintermarch, 952

Guardian, 952

Drakonis, 952

Cloudreach, 952

• ???

Bloomingtide, 952

Justinian, 952

• Marcella has her first mission

Solace, 952

• 12th: The Briefing - Marcella is told about the Cult (as are more of the Shades)

August, 952

• 1st-5th: Of Doubt and Opportunity - Marcella meets Caius
  • 3rd: A different kind of game - First report from the Manus Umbrae to her Tenebrum mentor during her high profile mission (investigating Caius)
  • 5th: Inanis Minibus ("Empty Handed") - Marcella is debriefed about the mission in Caius home.
  • 10th: Inquisition - The Shades need information from Cassius
  • 10th: Incursio - Sextus is pushed too hard my Festus and is in dire need of healing
  • 11th: An introduction to nightmare - The young apprentice trains with the Shade's invasion spell, aka Incursio
  • 19th: When in public - A typical Tevinter party turns into work for the Shades
  • 21st: When even the gods can't save you - The Shades capture Morgana and Vivienna, two Tothites. Sextus cursed with Toth's Fire, goes to Cassius for help.

Kingsway, 952

• ???

Harvestmere, 952

• ???

Firstfall, 952

• ???

Haring, 952

• Last Night succeed/Cult remains secret

953..... SOMETHING HUGE HAPPENS! Bwahahahaha.... >_>

Set-up:

Current Plots

Uprising: The Last Night Banner 1

• Uprising - The Last Night
    • See spoiler for details
Spoiler

The Dragon of Night and Shadow

The cult known as The Last Night abducted and ritualistically murdered multiple individuals during one of the the Grand Tournies of the Free Marches in the early Dragon Age, before attempting to destroy the tourney grounds during the finale of the grand melee.

Proposed Date of Event/Plot/Quest: Wintermatch 952 - onwards

Brief Summary of Event/Plot/Quest/Ship: The Last Night are a splinter group composed of the worshippers of Lusacan. Until the last decade they had been a part of the Religion of the Old Gods within the temple of Lusacan. Since the murder of their high priestess, Lucretia Valerius Atrum, they have openly declared themselves as enemies of the other cultists - specifically the Cult of Dumat -  taking all of the cultists of Lusacan with them. The Last Night want to declare themselves openly as enemies of the Archon, the Magisterium and the Chantry. They do not want to be covert any more, they want their Uprising...

Future Plot Ideas:

• War against Archon - take back Tevinter!
    • Destroy the rest of the old gods worshippers and force worship of Lusacan upon all Tevinters.
    • Rumours that they have discovered the location of the Old God Lucsacan, with the help of the Ambassadoria they have secured the location - OR SO IT IS RUMOURED.

Plot Notes:

• 945: Lucretia gathers support from Lusacan cultists - becomes leader of ancient sub faction The Last Night
    • 950-951: Goes silent after Tacitus is murdered. The cult stop communicating with other temples.
    • 952: Lucretia is murdered by Rajani
    • Caius takes control of the Last Night and begins planning their revenge.
      • Forces all Lusacan cultists to support The Last Night
      • Take over all the Lusacan temples.
    • PLOT BEGINS!

Civil War Banner 2

• Civil War (only preliminary threads, no plot thread until Uprising concludes. Will link to Civil War threads here)
      • CW 1
      • CW 2

Completed Thread/s:
    • See timeline - coming soon
    • url - day.month, year (char #1 involved, char #2 involved, char #3 involved, etc)

Current Thread/s: 

Dramatis Personae:
      Spoiler

Cast of Characters

• Andoral Clerics:
        • ------ (played by ---)

Spoiler

Templates for sign-ups and NPC List

--- Sign-up sheet
      OOC handle:
      Character:
      Link to profile:
      Associated Group:

Available NPCs[optional field]
      ~ Played by ???
      --- Name of character | Race | Gender | Very short description of who they are

~ Played by ???
      --- Name of character | Race | Gender | Very short description of who they are

If you would like to request these NPCs for your thread then simply ask away (@Mention the player and name the NPC you desire). For those wishing to add NPCs they are playing simply fill the form below in and reply to this thread with it:

Name of character | Race | Gender | Very short description of who they are.

Lore and other links:

Rules
      • Don't be a dick

Note of the moment

Remember that this thread is for plotting between ALL CULTISTS and TEVINTERS mostly. Anyone is welcome to plot with our cultists. :D
      4 people like this

UnPinned posts

Oh with Cornelius? When is it dated? Hmmmm, 951... It's an interesting mission, so I guess if you feel Phinaria can handle being away from Fabius he would encourage it, yes. More as an experiment for him, seeing how she handles being in the asylum not as a patient but on a mission.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Constantine said:

Can Marcelus be added as an Accolyte of Zazikel please. 

Welcome to the sect! :love:

I love this guy, looking forward to threads with him and Emilia :)

[also, looking at their ages it looks like they were probably educated in the temple at the same time, so... Old school buddies?] 

1 person likes this

On 4/21/2017 at 6:17 AM, Gali10 said:

Welcome to the sect! :love:

I love this guy, looking forward to threads with him and Emilia :)

[also, looking at their ages it looks like they were probably educated in the temple at the same time, so... Old school buddies?] 

I like that idea, um whenever you ready i am up for Zazikel mischief with her if that makes sense :P

1 person likes this

11 minutes ago, Planetboss1 said:

I like that idea, um whenever you ready i am up for Zazikel mischief with her if that makes sense :P

isnt Augustus's character Constantines? lmao did he forget to sign you out :P LOL welcome to the mad house boys 

I've updated the OP and filled in the timeline - PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT IS MISSED IN 952! Though it must be related to the Uprising plots. ;)

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Gali10 said:

I vaguely remember there being a lore page about the location of the temples but I can't find it... @Claire?

Am rewriting stuff so took it down. What do you need to know?

1 person likes this