Lucrezia Giavanna di'Medina

closed
Shallow Insults

14 posts in this topic

Winter 1.png

Date.pngWintermarch 9:47 (Can be adjusted depending on previous thread)

Location.pngMedina Residence, Antiva City

Characters.pngLucrezia Giavanna di'Medina, Natanael Renato Medina

Players.png@Celes, @Claire

Requirements.png1x1

Notes.pngAfter returning home from her captivity at sea, Lucrezia's vanity suffers insult. She demands Natanael do something about this.

Links.pngNo Venture, No Gain

Winter Divider 1.png

Maker, she was ruined! Absolutely ruined! Those monstrous pirates left her marred! Blemished! She should have just let them cut off her hair if she was to be left in such a state! Why hold back? She could just die! Why didn't they just kill her?!

Tears were running freely down Lucrezia's face as she examined the injuries she had sustained. She'd already sent her servants away hours ago, not wanting to be seen in such a state. That the servants had been drawn by her wailing cries at her tarnished beauty did not enter into her mind. Lucrezia often had difficulty equating consequences with her actions.

Shallow, healing ulcers bit into the points of the young woman's elbows and the center of her knees, the delicate skin insulted by the cramped confines of that wretched box she had been tossed into like mere cargo. Completely unfitting for the daughter of a Merchant Prince! Some day those uncivilized beasts would pay for what they had done!

There was one bright spot in the dark tragedy that Lucrezia called life as her brother was visiting today. Natanael always knew what to do! He would find a way to make this better! But she was not yet ready to leave the confines of her room and let herself be seen in such a sorry state. Neither was she done mourning her indignities for the day. She still had another good hour of feeling sorry for herself at least.

1 person likes this

Though his sister might think he only ever visited the residence for her, Natanael in fact had business with their father, having returned from a task involving his magic. The report was positive so he would at least be in a good mood after leaving his father. The message summoning him to Lucrezia elicited a bit of a sigh and a slight rolling of the eyes. Usually he was glad to see her, especially after she'd been abducted, yet she had become even more demanding since and that was saying something!

Upon arriving outside of her room he braced himself, for his little sister had a penchant for drama that Natanael would never match, even so he still found her endearing. She was the only one in the family that saw the truth of him and was not angered by his presence. She saw him as a brother first and nothing else seemed to matter.

Knocking at the door he prayed she was not alone so he could have excuse to slip away and leave her to servants or friends. this would not be the case though, it never was, but he had come to accept being a second class citizen in this house.

"Are you well, sister?" He inquired, his tone genuine and his concern that of a loving sibling.

"Oh!" Lucrezia cried out and she flung the door open and wrapped her arms around him the best she could to hug him in a sisterly embrace. "My dear brother! I'm so glad you're here!" Truly she was and not just because he could take care of her terrible problems. She was genuinely happy that he would return to their childhood home every so often. It made them feel like a much closer family than they were.

Releasing him at last she took his hands and walked him in to her room. He would be getting an earful of her latest indignities. They were naturally given the extreme gravitas that Lucrezia felt was required. Finally she came to what should have been her most pressing matter.

"And!" Lucrezia took a deep breath before continuing her tirade. She pulled the sleeves of her dress up and showed her brother the obviously disfiguring sores i(n her mind) from her captivity. "Look at what those brutes did to me! I was in a box! A BOX! What uncivilized monsters would consider that an appropriate way to transport a lady! I couldn't move for DAYS!" Whether this was true or not it was what it felt like to Lucrezia, therefore it was reality. "And THIS is what happened!" The young woman buried her face in her hands. "I'm completely disfigured!"

It did feel good to be home where she would not be slapped across the face for her behavior. The pirates did not understand a woman like her had great passion and a need to express it! It was not something to be contained!

1 person likes this

Thinking she was to show him truly horrendous scars and injuries, all he saw were fading bruises. Hardly disfigurement. Knowing he’d not hear the end of it from her if he did not try and heal” her, telling their father he was neglecting her, Natanael order her to sit. His gruff voice brooked no argument.

Using a few light tricks and the smallest bit of magical healing he made the bruising disappear, as well as the mild pain. Sitting back and waiting for her gratitude (which admittedly he might need to wait for all year!) he watched to see the transformation from victim to the daughter of a Merchant Prince.

“Yet, you live…” He said, arching an eyebrow at her. Fortune favours you, sister. I hear this brand of pirates do not usually keep the likes of you alive.” He was prodding for how that had happened exactly since in her story she had glossed over it.

"I don't want to talk about that in detail right now, it's far too harrowing!" Lucrezia pronounced with a dismissive wave. "Let's leave it at that they know Father is a very powerful man and I am very valuable. They still made me dress like a boy and threatened to cut off all my hair, though! Can you even imagine?!" She was rather lucky that the rape of the lock was the only serious threat of rape she faced after her initial meeting with the pirates.

"I do not believe I will be partaking in any ocean voyages any time in the near future," she continued, turning the subject back to her favorite one. "It is far too fresh in my mind and I fear what it would do to my still delicate state of mind!" While this was her declaration for the moment, the tides themselves would envy how quickly her mind could change.

1 person likes this

"If father decides you are to travel by sea then I shall accompany you." Whatever Ignacio di'Medina said was law, so even his children could not disobey. As much as Lucrezia tried...

"Sit still while I get you back to normal then." He told her, deciding to just use magic to get rid of what was left of her injuries or pains. It was not typical of Natanael to use magic for bruises, but he thought the pros outweighed the cons in this case. His sister was not the easiest to live with when she had a bee in her bonnet!

Respecting her decision to not speak on the pirates he switched tact and approached a popular topic instead. That of her marriage. "Are you still avoiding father?" He inquired, though this time his smirked as he worked, his hands aglow with restorative magic.

"When he realizes how out of line he is I will speak to him once more," Lucrezia admitted. Of course now he'd gotten her going so that wouldn't be the end of it. "The last time he arranged a marriage it was an absolute disaster! Why would I let him arrange another?! So he can find me another impotent old man?"

The fact that her previous husband had only bedded her once was still a sore spot for the young Antivan woman. A beautiful women such as her should have sent her husband into a frenzy of lust! He should have been taking her every night! But no, she was more a guest in his house than a wife. It made the decision to go back to her childhood home all the easier once he had died.

"Is it really so terrible to want to be loved?" Love and sex could be separate concepts in her mind but they still intersected in odd ways. Romantic love meant making love! By her logic her deceased husband had not truly loved her.

1 person likes this

"No sister." Natanael sighed, taking a seat. "It is not." Truly, all he wanted for Lucrezia was for her to be happy and being loved was a huge part of that - for he thought it was. As much as she could be annoying and was a spoilt brat most of the time she was also a soft hearted girl, romantic in her own selfish way.

"He won't let up though." He cautioned her. "And the more you fight it the harder he;ll push." It was their father's way, he always assumed his family would simply conform and most of the time they did.

"So how about you go along with it, let some of these suitors visit and perhaps you'll find one you like? Or at least give you time to fall in love with someone of your choice." If Lucrezia asked him to help her elope Natanael knew he'd risk his father's wrath and do it. Better she have his help then perhaps end up with pirates again!

The girl looked a little crestfallen at his answer to just go along with it. She practically fell into one of the ornate chairs that decorated her room with a huff. Of course he wouldn't understand. He wasn't expected to marry some stranger for the sake of the family business! Men! Sometimes they could be so insensitive!

"Wait!" she exclaimed practically out of nowhere as an idea slowly started to take form in the midst of her pouting. Where before she had been slumped into the chair in a most unladylike fashion, she was now bright eyed and properly seated. "I must do this, would you help Father narrow down the suitors? You could weed out the old and ugly ones!" What defined old or ugly in Lucrezia's eyes was anyone's guess but she had unshakable faith in her brother's abilities to make everything the went wrong in her life right.

1 person likes this

Lucrezia was a clever creature and when she was not being petulant or spoiled she showed the intelligence the Medina were known for. Sighing, but with relief, Natanael agreed.

"Very well then." And gesturing for her to continue he said, "Give me the parameters and any names of those you would like on the list."

"Can't I just tell you what I don't like?" Lucrezia shot back with a frustrated huff. What she didn't like was the important part! Anything else she was sure could be molded into something suitable if needed. She could make a man love her if needed. It couldn't be that difficult to drive a straight young man wild with passion for a woman like her.

1 person likes this

If it had not been for the fact that he knew they shared a father Natanael might have doubted it. His sister had the complete opposite approach to him in most things, including the matters of the heart. For Natanael what he liked was the most important, any flaws were to be accepted. Obviously if there was something glaringly opposed to him then he would not consider the woman, but to look for such flaws first, it was incomprehensible for the mage.

"How about you tell me both?" He suggested. "What you don't want, and what you want?" That seemed like a fair compromise.

Really after all this time Natanael should have known better. He'd actually asked Lucrezia to run her mouth and that's exactly what she was going to do.

"I want someone closer to my age this time, that should be a given!" she began and rose from her seat to pace a bit. This was going to require a lot of thought! "Handsome of course! I don't have a preference on hair or eyes but a man taller than me is a must! And strong! I want to feel safe with my next husband!" Exactly what she meant by handsome she didn't exactly elaborate on. She probably didn't know herself what she meant by the word beyond no hideously disfigured.

"And I'd like them to talk! My old husband and I never talked! Not about anything interesting! Oh, do you think one of your adventuring friends would be interested in me? I'm sure they have so many grand stories to tell!" In the Antivan girl's mind Natanael's life was one of dashing adventure and intrigue but the dangerous of such never entered into her mind. That her brother was such a proficient healer and how he'd come into those skills hadn't exactly dawned on her either. No, adventures weren't supposed to be full of real danger! Just the kind of danger that the hero always manages to elude at the last moment before doing something dashing!

1 person likes this

"None of my friends would suit. They are all lower born or disfigured from fighting our enemies." Natanael could hardly heal everyone especially when he was supposed to be reserved for the Prince. If he was low on mana and the Prince needed healing he was sure that, despite being his son, Ignacio would have him killed. And if not Ignacio (because he was dead) then his wife. Lucrezia's mother needed less than that to have an excuse to execute the bastard.

"So someone like you who's not ugly and is taller and muscled?" He asked, in summary. He figured that they'd have to be like her to have anything in common to speak about!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor