Brim Helmi

What happened next

25 posts in this topic

Summer 1

Date.png1st Solace 952 (early hours of the morning)

Location.pngBrim and Maris home in the Helmi Estate

Characters.pngBrim, Mari

Players.png@Jax @Zyah_Rayne

Requirements.png1x1

Notes.pngwhen the guests have all gone and the house is now quiet......

Links.pngDrinking after midnight, party till the dawn

Summer Divider 1.png

Once everyone had left, either under their own steam or being carried out Brim took a look at the state of his home. Smirking to himself he heard Mari talking at the door to someone, he didn't know who, he cleared a space for her to sit down on the settee and headed into his bathroom. 

Once the last load of ale had exited from his system he stood looking at himself in the mirror. it had been a good night, a really good night. Friends, cousins, people from every walk of life no matter what their caste was. He was just a popular guy what could he say. He filled the sink and ran a hand down his face.

"Time for a new look my boy" he picked his razor up and stared at it for a while, then lathering his face he began to shave. 

He was in totally high spirits wether that was the effects of the alcohol or not he didn't know, but he actually began to sing. Brim might have stank when it came to dancing and, as he thought about it a shudder when down his spine. Mari certainly knew how to put the fear of the surface in him, especially when she grabbed him and Rosamund up to dance. 

No he may not be able to dance but he could certainly carry a tune and for some reason best known to himself he began to hum a tune he had heard once, then actually began to sing it, not so loud that it carried out the room, he didn't actually want his wife to hear him. There were somethings he was shy with around her, well a lot actually and that was one of them.

Oh sure she had heard him sing the drinking songs but anything else...nope he thought he might die if she heard it. Still he relaxed as he got into the tune and carried on shaving. Hair fell into the sink and he stopped every now and then to check that he had it right. She might like it, she might not, most dwarves loved their beards, it was a status thing. 

Brim just decided that he had enough of the length and it was time for a change....a big change. 

Spoiler

1 person likes this

After saying her goodbyes to her friends, new and old, Mari made her way to her room and slowly undressed. It had been a fun filled night and for most of it Mari could say she had a great time. The bath had already been drawn for her and the temperature of the water was perfect. Settling in the water she closed her eyes and let the steam relax her. Mari was was still somewhat inebriated but not overly so was able to enjoy the buzz from the lingering effects of the alcohol. It wasn't until the water started to get cold that Mari realized how long she'd been in the water and hastily finished washing up.

The bath had been refreshing but she was more awake now because of it. Feeling a bit hungry she threw on her nightshirt then started down the hall toward the kitchens when she thought she heard humming... or was that singing? The Shaper grew curious and padded quietly down the hall to where Brim's room was and to her surprise it was Brim that was singing! Even if Mari was slightly tipsy she knew she wasn't hearing things and with a wide smile on her lips she gently pushed the door open without thought, a witty comment on the tip of her tongue. But when she saw Brim's reflection in the mirror she froze and her jaw dropped. "Brim?!" She couldn't believe what she saw. "You're... you cut your beard?" She sounded more confused than aghast. All her life she'd known him to be growing his beard out. For most dwarves a beard was a status thing and she thought Brim loved his beard but perhaps not? "Wow." It was all she could say as she continued to stare at him wide eyed, her feet still planted by the door.

1 person likes this

Brim almost lept out of his skin, he hadn't even heard her come close and he did have good hearing. Maybe he was more drunk than he thought. He would have cut himself if he hadn't been rinsing the sharpened cut throat at the time. 

"Oh Mari..um...er..." he stammered and looked sheepishly at the sink full of Brim beard. years of hair now sat in that bowl and it looked like it had a grown a head of hair. He hadn't quite finished and the way he was moulding it he would have longer chin hair but no sideburns or cheek hair. He glanced at his reflection in the mirror and realised to his horror, that he looked like an older Farin. 

Different hair colour and eyes but all in all, the resemblance to his younger cousin was there. Well too late to stop now. He stopped singing and carried on shaving, nearly finished he didn't want to make it look cock eyed. No wonder she looked shocked, he had forgotten how much the two resembled each other. 

"So have a nice bath?" he asked, recovering himself and glancing at her in the mirror. 

1 person likes this

Mari stood staring, unable to comprehend anything that Brim said. The Shaper was in complete shock at what she saw. It wasn't until she Brim went back to shaving that she realized he had asked her a question. "A bath?" Mari looked down at the nightshirt she wore and noticed her hair was still partially wet. "Yes. The bath was nice." What was she supposed to say? Why was he cutting his beard?!

"You... Would you like some help evening it out?" She was referring to what was left of us full beard. Mari took a couple of tentative steps closer to him and looked around his room. This was the first time she ventured here and she couldn't help but notice the knickknacks that made this his room. Pictures here and there, his trusting axe in the corner, the bowl filled with his beard. By the Stone, he cut off his beard!

If this was what he wanted then Mari was determined to be supportive of it. "Here. I can help you with the rest of it." She extended her hand so he could give her the razor. "Unless you don't trust me?" She smirked at him, the shock of seeing his new look slowly wearing off.

Brim gave her the razor and took all the hair he could out of the sink and dumped it into the bin. He was a little taller than she was so he sat on the bench and let her finish what he had started. 

"Did you er ahem" he cleared his throat "did you enjoy the party lass?"

it had not escaped his notice that this was the first time she was in his room. Unlike his other life outside of this place and the pressures his mother in particular had placed on him, his room was quite ordered. Books sacked in alphabetical order on a large bookshelf and by genre, his own arming chamber just off his room also neat and clean, not that he really used it for anything other than cleaning his armour and sharpening his beloved axe's blade. 

He had to stop his heart from hammering out of his chest as he felt her fingers touch his skin and press the razor to the hair on his cheek. Life was a fucking bitch sometimes and he couldn't blame anyone but himself for some of this mess. 

1 person likes this

Mari was a very detail oriented dwarf. Once Brim handed her the razor she went to work tending his beard, her fingers running down his jawline and his cheek. After she decided the best way to proceed she added lather to where she needed. "I did." Mari smiled, lighting up her features. "The party was great. I had a lot of fun." The Shaper chuckled as she reflected on some of the more outrages moments of the night. "I think everyone else enjoyed themselves too." Mari ran the razor smoothly down Brim's cheek giving him a clean shave. From how he had it shaped she figured the look he was going for. 

"How about you? Did you enjoy yourself?" Mari turned her gaze to meet Brim's. She remembered how he'd come to her rescue when the difficult questions were asked by their friends. She remembered when he told everyone of how he'd fallen for her. Mari also remembered how he kissed her and her cheeks turned a slight shade of pink. Clearing her throat she broke eye contact and rinsed the razor clean then went back to shaving him. With a steady hand she finished his left side, wiping his cheek area clean and nodded in approval at her work before moving to Brim's other side. "Thank you by the way for helping me out when I was struggling." He could have easily let her squirm in front of everyone, making her answer those questions but he didn't. Instead he had her back and that meant more to her than he probably knew.

1 person likes this

Mari was...really good at this. She seemed to know what he was going for although she did mutter something about if he cut his hair she would be pissed. He assured her that the only time his hair got cut was when it was too thick to do anything about. And then it was slightly trimmed and thinned out, ahh the curse of having thick luxurious hair. 

He didn't move his head but made a sound of agreement "Thats what i had to do wasn't it, couldn't let Sid think she had you cornered, that would never do" he allowed a slight smile to cross his face "I always got your back Mari, you know that, had it since we were teenagers, never going to change"

It wouldn't either, if he was there that is, sometimes he wouldn't be there but more often than not he would hear about it. Somethings were not for anyone else to ponder on.

"I'd say my boys and girls have taken you to their hearts..." he glanced at her "just how many shots had you downed before you realised he was never going to stop?" He chuckled a little. 

1 person likes this

Mari's endearing smile said it. She trusted Brim and she believed him when he said he look out for her. There were plenty of times where Brim stepped up to protect others. She was not the first. Brim had a big heart, he always had. It was one of the thing she admired about him. 

The Shaper groaned when reminded of her little game. No one came out the winner but then again no one was really the loser either. Everyone got plenty to drink because of her and that was always bonus. Mari was thankful she managed to have enough sense to know when to tap out of the game when it was evident the dwarf was not going to stop saying those words! "That's sweet of you to say but you are the ones that has the admiration of all those at the party. You're friends love you and for good reason." Mari glided the sharp razor down the last patch of hair on Brim's cheek and took a clean cloth in hand to pat dry his cleanly shaven face. For what felt like minutes her eyes roamed Brim's clearly defined features that were no longer hidden by his previous thick beard and really took in the change. He was a handsome dwarf and that certainly didn't change... only his look. Mari decided she liked the change.

"You look good." She told him honestly as she trailed the back of her fingers down his left cheek. "Smooth as a babe's rear." And she burst into laughter, unable to keep from saying it even if it wasn't original. Mari never said she was good with the jokes but she hoped to keep things relaxed between them, like it used to be. Mari missed that.

1 person likes this

Brim felt a little electric shock run through him and it wasn't from anything he had touched. He met her gaze and held it for a moment then groaned at her pun. 

"Need to work on your humour" He chuckled and caught her hand then kissed the back of it. "Shouldn't you er, you know be getting some sleep?" He let her hand go and getting up took his shirt off so he could start getting ready for a bath. "Wouldn't want you to miss out on your beauty sleep now would we"

Brim didn't look at her for a moment, attempting to calm his beating heart. He had meant every word he said back then and he would say it again if asked, even if she would never feel the same about him, it didn't matter, well it did matter, but not right now. however her absences of late had given him cause for concern. She had been like this for a few days, just staying out for hours and coming home late. 

He didn't ask her, he just assumed she was doing shaperate business but in his mind, it just served to widen the distance  in his heart and his head. Still he had to ask, if he didn't he would go insane without knowing. 

"Mari" he asked "Is being here that bad for you that you need to be away from here as much as you can be? I can always - um i can always buy you someplace more private for you if you want" he kept his head down as he started to fill his own tub. "I mean its not like you have to be here if you dont want to, I'll understand" 

1 person likes this

Mari honestly didn't know if her heart could take anymore. Most of it was already broken after she and Farin ended things for the sake of what was best for their families. What remained she felt being torn at by Brim's question. The Shaper looked at her husband with sorrowful eyes. Mari hadn't realized that Brim was aware of her absence lately. She was too lost in her own grief she failed to see how her actions were affecting Brim. Clearly he was worried about her and it was all her fault. She was an absolute wretch! 

And as always Brim sought for another way to make her happy. He was always thinking of her, it didn't matter if it hurt him (and she knew that it did), Brim still put her first. It was a good thing he wasn't looking at her or he might have seen her near tears. Mari turned away from the bath and went back to straightening the sink and cleaning up the remaining trimmings of his beard. It wasn't until she regained her composure that she found her voice. "Brim, I'll will be home more from now on." She finally said and she turned to face him. "Its not been easy, for either of us, and I thought my being away would make things... simpler. I know now it hasn't and I'm sorry." She apologized for her behavior as of late. "But things will be better now. I promise." She smiled at him and closed the distance between them. Mari delicately ran her fingers along what was left of his beard and met his gaze. "I needed time to let go of my old life. And... and I'm ready to embrace my new one, with you." Tonight she saw how much Brim really loved her and she had feelings for him too. She couldn't keep denying him the life he deserved to have. "I want to make you happy, Brim." Mari professed.

Before the water could run over the tub Mari brushed past Brim and turned the water off. "To start, how about with me helping you with your bath?" Mari grinned and raised her brow at Brim. 

1 person likes this

He kissed her fingers and glanced around, shrugging Brim removed the rest of his clothes and tossed them into the corner. A toned physique that would put most Warrior Dwarfs to shame. His body was after all his armour and his weapon. He winced as he went to yank the hair band out of his hair and looked at her...

"um i think some of my hairs got caught up, would you mind?" he turned so she didn't have to look at him in all his glory, although he hadn't been boasting when he had answered Sid's truth question, he was still a little shy around Mari and he didn't know why, damn they had drunk together, sung and even swore like the most seasoned of warriors together, out of the ear shot of parents and grandparents. They had got each other out of most tricky situations at parties when they were younger. 

So why did he feel so shy now? He cleared his throat "Only if you are sure about this Mari you know, i don't mind" 

1 person likes this

Her eyes remained at eye level making it a little less awkward for the both of them as Brim got in the tub. Mari did have a cheeky grin though when she noticed the way Brim turned a shade of pink. Thankfully he offered her a distraction by asking her help with his hair. Mari sat on the edge of the tub and combed her fingers through his hair, gently working the knots out. "Brim, I know you don't mind. You don't seem to mind anything I do." Mari said quietly. Brim had been walking on eggshells around her. It was impossible not to notice. The main reason why she enjoyed the party was because Brim was more like himself. It felt normal between them again and not like this awkwardness that seemed to linger when they were alone.

"I wish you would mind." Mari blurted out. "I'm not broken, Brim. You don't have to fix me." She was hurting, she was angry, but none of that was directed at Brim. He did nothing wrong yet he was being punished. "Brim, I just want you to be you with me. Then maybe all of this could be easier." Mari was tired of crying, tired of being consumed by sorrow. "If you want to make this work, we can make it work." Mari yanked his hair back lightly so he would be forced to look back and up at her while she remained seated on the edge of the tub. "Just stop treating me like I'm delicate flower. We both know I'm not."

1 person likes this

a little bit of anger spiked at him and he narrowed his eyes "I know you are not broken Mari," he retorted "Its a bit difficult to be normal when you were not here" he snapped a little and he moved his head back then, and with a moments madness maybe he wrapped his arm round her waist he pulled her into the bath with him, soaking her clothes, her hair and the bathroom floor around them. 

He planted a fierce kiss straight on her lips and held it for a moment before releasing her his breath coming in short gasps "We make this work or we don't, no more eggshells" he rested his head against hers "I'm tired of it, we can either be like a man or wife or we spend our days goofing about and live separate lives."

1 person likes this

Mari yelped at being pulling in the water, not expecting such response from Brim. Before she knew it Mari was soaked through and at a loss of breath but not from the water. Brim's kiss left her lightheaded and she was taken aback by the fierceness in which he claimed her lips. The two were locked in a tight embrace, the water lapping against them and the tub. Her nightshirt clung to her body leaving a little barrier between them and she her gaze remained locked with Brim's as spoke. 

He was tired of all the pretense as well. This was about them and they needed to decide if they were going to move forward or a part. Mari gave him her answer when she leaned in and returned his kiss.

1 person likes this

His eyes widened at first then closed and two tree trunk arms pulled her tight against him, the kiss as passionate as he could make it, considering they were both soaked through, although he was naked and it an advantage for her, seeing as his buddy downstairs was starting to stir. 

He kissed the top of her lips and then moved his mouth to her neck, softly kissing the flesh beneath. He had dreamt about this for months, maybe even years if the truth be told, now she had told him it was them, all guilt washed away and he showed it but holding her tight against him. 

1 person likes this

The trail of kisses Brim placed on her made her gasp at the pleasure it evoked from her body. His attempt to explore more of her was thwarted by her nightshirt that clung to her like a second skin and Mari giggled at the grumbles that followed. The Shaper kissed Brim again and slowly undid the buttons allowing her to finally peel it off. Mari tossed the wet shirt onto the floor, leaving her only in her smalls, and then pressed her upper body flush against Brim's as she reached for the soap and washcloth behind him. Mari nipped his lower lip and smiled at him when the kiss broke before settling slightly back but remaining on his lap as she began to work a lather with the cloth. "I did say I'd help bath you." She winked at him before actually soaping up his chest, but in a sensual manner before slowly moving elsewhere on his body. 

1 person likes this

Brim actually wondered if this was some dream, a very cruel but erotic dream and he was going to wake up in his bed with a hard on but nope. the moment the soap and water hit his chest and he felt her hands move across and down his body, he realised he was very much awake. 

All the months of trying to be normal and pretend to be anything but had started to take it toll on him. He had got short tempered with some of his friends, only his best friend knew there was more to this than met the eye, but stone be praised Hiemdhal never let on. 

Brim let Mari do what she was doing, and she was very good at what she was doing. No part of his body was left untouched by her soapy trail. He sat back a little letting her do her wash thing, although having a bath was now out of his mind. The emotions she was invoking in the Helmi Heir meant that if he didn't get out of here soon then there would be a whole new meaning to the word Water Sports.

Brim was also well aware of how his body was reacting to his wife's touch but he didn't stop her, it was fairly obvious how he was reacting. Brim tipped her chin up and kissed her again. Just the idea of kissing that mouth brought him out in goosebumps.

1 person likes this

The kiss distracted Mari from her washing and the washcloth slipped from her gasp as her arms wrapped around Brim, bringing them flush against each other. Mari settled onto his lap and it became very clear that perhaps being in the tub surrounded by water wasn't the ideal place for them to be. Breaking the kiss Mari gazed deep into Brim's eyes. "I think you're quite clean now." She stated rather huskily, her eyes darkening as she traced his lower lip with the tip of her finger. A sultry smirk formed on her lips and she kissed him again briefly before standing up and getting out of the tub. 

Mari padded to where the towels were, slipping out of her soaked smalls on her way, and wrapped the towel around her now naked body to dry off. She went back to the tub and opened another towel so that Brim could be wrapped in it as well once he got out of the water. "You don't plan on staying there all night, do you?" She teased him, moving her lips closer to his but not kissing him. Instead as he moved closer she inched back slightly, luring him closer to her and away from the tub.

1 person likes this

Brim got out the bath and taking the towel Mari gave him dried himself off before wrapping it round his waist, he went to kiss her again until she stepped back, teasing him. 

This was a new game that was for certain and each time he moved closer she would step back, Brim let an amused snort escape his lips, ok he would play. making sure the towel was secure, last thing he wanted was to trip over the damn thing if it fell, cause that would seriously amuse her, he moved forward and kept moving forward until she was against the wall. 

"Now what you gonna do?" he let his top lip curl in an impish smile, he was sober and so was she, or at least he hoped she was now. 

1 person likes this

With her back pressed against the wall Mari didn't exactly have a lot of options but nor was she looking for an out. Her smile mirrored Brim's and her heart raced as he closed the distance between them. Her breathing quickened and her lips parted. "What are you going to do?" She countered huskily, her eyes searching his.

She had already professed that she was ready to move forward, to finally make their marriage real. It was not an easy decision for her but it was the one she made. Mari couldn't be selfish, not anymore, and when Brim looked at her like that she saw the love he had for her. In time she hoped to love him the same way in return with equal measure but for today she could only give him her promise.

If Brim had any doubt of her intentions to be with him she decided to rid them. With her eyes locked with his she undid the tie to her towel and it fall to the ground around her feet. "No more holding back." She murmured.

1 person likes this

Brim took a long appreciative glance over his wife's body and then swept her into his arms, his own towel falling as he did, he met her lips with his and carried her through into his bedroom. 

She was right, they had to walk this path, although once they walked this then as far as Brim was concerned she was his wife. no longer his cousins lover, thier future was thier own to make, he was free and clear to be the man she needed him to be. He lay her on the sheet and lay over her for a moment looking down at the body he had dreamt about for a long time. 

He cleared his mind of everything and concentrated only on her. No one would come between them, he made himself that promise mentally and began to kiss his way down her body, every part of her, not one part of her skin would remain untouched by his soft gentle kisses. 

1 person likes this

With every kiss Brim placed on her body Mari became more sensitive to the next one and her heart began to race. She forced all other thoughts from her mind because it was the only way she could move forward with this, with Brim. Mari could no longer dwell in the past and she believed that Farin had accepted how things were. 

Brim's lips found their way back to her lips and Mari captured them in a heady kiss. If she was going to do this and be with Brim as the wife she should have been then she wasn't going to hold back. She expressed this by the passionate way in which she kissed him, the way her legs parted so he could lay flush against her as they explored each other's body. 

When their kiss broke Mari looked deep in Brim's eyes and smiled at him as her fingertip traced along his lower lip before kissing him again. She promised to make him happy and Mari had every intention on making up for the heartache he'd suffered while he waited for her. He didn't have to wait anymore.

1 person likes this

His body reacted in ways that he couldn't even begin to describe. It would have been easier to cut the damn thing off and send it on its merry way, reattach it when it had come back sated and happy. Now though the walls came crashing down, the heady kiss she gave him was returned with twice the fire. 

He hooked one of her legs over his arm and entered her with ease. His free hand roaming her body as the kiss continued and he began to move inside her. This had been his dream for a long time, now the dream was a reality. A possessiveness that he had never experience before swept over him. 

Mari was his now, and he was going to prove to her he was more than a match for ANY man, he moaned a little in the back of his throat as he broke the kiss and moved to her neck. 

1 person likes this

The manner in which he kissed her, touched her, and made love to her Mari had no doubt of Brim’s feelings toward her. It was as if he was committing every touch to memory and he caressed her as if he thought she would fade away. Mari was overwhelmed by his passion, giving into it and surrendering to the moment. She was his wife, no longer just in name.

As he made love to her Mari could not deny the pleasures that came with and soft moans escaped her as the two moved with each other, their bodies locked in a sensual dance of lovemaking. Her hips met his with every thrust and her arms wrapped around him as the intensity grew. Her head fell back as pleasure mounted within her inner core and she closed her eyes as it slowly overtook her. She cried out, her moans echoing through Brim's bedroom chamber, a sound that had been void since their marriage but no longer. 

With their bodies slick and hot against each other Mari captured Brim in a kiss that would leave both their heads spinning. This was no dream but it certainly felt like it. 

1 person likes this

Brim took the kiss like a drowning man gasped for air, his body spent and his head spinning he only broke the embrace when he thought he might suffocate, but even that was a good thought. To die being kissed by his beautiful wife, well who wouldn't want that?

Brim moved off Mari and lay beside her his chest rising and falling in quick rhythm. So it was all over on that score, now they could be as man and wife should be, he ignored the warning voice in his head, this was no longer the time for doubt. Mari had made it clear how things stood and in time he hoped Farin would come to understand that. 

He pulled her close to him and locked one arm round her, letting her rest her head on his chest. "Well" he finally said "Thats one way to dry off after a bath" 

he chuckled and kissed the top of her head, sweat covering his body and the smell of sex in the air added a new dimension to his room.  He nuzzled his head against hers his affection all too obvious. He closed his eyes for a moment, lost in the atmosphere and his love for her.  Np one was ever going to take her from him. 

this was thier life now, and what they made of it, they would do so, together. 

1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor