Sextus Tiberius Valentinianus

When even the gods can't save you

92 posts in this topic

Marcella did not drink. She'd already admitted that.

So this was how the game was going to go then?

Fine.

"Never have I ever said something should only happen once when I know it should happen as often as needed." 

Marcella did not drink, she simply looked him in the eye.

1 person likes this

He did not drink either though she could not be sure if it was because he'd never do it again or because he was simply refusing to drink at this point. His eyes had taken a rather darker shade though how much darker could someone go from black, one could not say. "Never have I ever" he spoke in a voice of ice, "disobeyed my orders with that ending badly" it was not only his vengeful nature and idea of having things exactly as he wanted them. Marcella was also a fiesty person and even with so much training, they could still be at each other's throats. Especially after that night. 

1 person likes this

Tossing the glass aside Marcella squared up to him, kneeling so she could meet his eyes, her nose inches from his nose. For a moment she simply stared at him, not sure if she was angry or aroused. It was always a thin line when it came to Sextus and she wanted to feel neither.

"Never have I ever..." She started, with a tone as controlled as she could make it, "...wanted something so badly that..." She was breathing hard now, frustratingly close!

1 person likes this

He remained there cold as he looked though he had to admit there were things that were happening in his body, things he did not want to happen. And on top of that, his body could not handle them anymore, not with that constant pain. Remaining exactly where he was, he looked at her. "You ought to drink to that" he passed her his glass. "You've always been drawn to your desires, allowing them to get the best of you. Fortunately one of us can control himself" it was for the better, and she had to know it. She simply had to. He pulled away a bit and made an effort to sit up. It left him in great ache. "You have your mind set on whatever happened that night. I see it. I feel  it" he was staring his hands by this time, his expression entirely serious, even a bit sad.

"And I have to admit I encouraged you to it. Perhaps I still even do so. I am but a man unfortunately" he'd love to be someone without emotions, it would have worked perfectly for him, "but there is only one thing on my mind now, Marcella. It is this curse. It hurts and it gnaws and it scratches every single second of my existence. And I know that if I don't find a way to cure it I am stuck with it for the rest of my life" he sighed, "So please don't trouble my mind more. After all even if I wanted here and now... I can't give you what you desire. I cannot even think properly, let alone move" yes, he was being strong due to his training but that did not mean he was not in pain. In fact he was... in terrible pain.

1 person likes this

"I know." She answered simply. It was why she had not finished her sentence. "I also know I did not start this." Whether she meant the change in direction with the game or the expression of need even Marcella did not know.

She moved next to him and gently took his hand, squeezing it and looking at him with a sincere expression. "Yes, I think about it, it is difficult not to, however I am controlling myself and I have thought of nothing else but this curse since it struck you." With a lump in her throat she continued, though her voice was softer now. "Do not regret making me your apprentice, Sextus. I will marvel them in the years to come. As will you." She squeezed his hand again and added, "Also, while we were playing, how was the pain?" She was curious to see if her distraction had worked.

1 person likes this

"I know you will marvel them" he said a small smile on his lips. "I never make bad choices" except when it came to women but this particular choice had been entirely professional. As for the pain while they were playing, "it helps when my thoughts don't linger on it" he admitted. "That's why I try to read so much as of late" well he always read much so that probably meant something, "I will question Vivianna one of these days. Probably have Alexio with me in case I won't be able to cast incursio" a thought which infuriated him to say the least.

1 person likes this

"Can I watch?" She asked, her voice rather steady. She wanted nothing more than to see this heretic suffer.

"And maybe I could read to you?" She suggested. "I might not be a scholar like my sister but I give a good performance." Marcella managed to blush a little, for she realised he might think she meant another kind of performance.

1 person likes this

"Yes you can I suppose. You are my apprentice after all" Sextus had always watched interrogations along with Festus when he was younger. It was only fair Marcella was provided with the same experience. Of course, she was too young to cast incursio herself but she could torture in other ways. It felt right to have her along with his best friend, interrogating that heretic.

"Let's see if you have improved since the lessons in the Circle. You were awful in history, do you know that?" he teased.

1 person likes this

"I hated history and I hated you." She was sure he knew the first but the latter, perhaps not. "The subject bored me and you were too strict." She confessed, he had not changed and thus far neither had history as far as she knew.

"Choose a book that is interesting to me and then perhaps I shall surprise you?" She suggested, and as she spoke she moved from the bed and walked towards the walls of books.

1 person likes this

"Oh, is that so?" he said narrowing his eyes, "Well, as I've mentioned before. You are all uneducated power hungry magic idiots" he said in a serious tone but he was not trying to insult her. He thought. "Take the entire history of Tevinter. There is nothing more interesting for people who know what interesting means" he countered. He simply could not believe how one could not appreciate the subject. "I remember your sister though" he said, a faint grin about him, "now she had a mind for such things. Enjoyed them too. Clever girl" he grinned more and drank to that.

1 person likes this

Marcella waved his comments away but she had a strut about her, deciding that if he could insult her mind then she would tease him a little. Just a little, she was fully aware of the curse but that did not mean she could innocently distract him. To that end she bet over to pluck one tome from a lower shelf and a minute later she reach up high, stretching her toned, rather beautiful body, and snatched one more from the highest shelf. With the books chosen she returned to the bed, tossing the books towards him before crawling onto the bed, albeit a little suggestively (Marcella knew he'd have a decent view of her breasts). When she was comfortable laying down on her front facing the headboard, she reached behind her and told him to give her the chosen tome.

1 person likes this

To say he didn't stare would be a lie. He was a man after all. He swallowed hard at the view, thinking what he had ever done to deserve such a tease but then he knew - a lot- so he tried to look away. She was not going to let that happen of course and when he got a good look at her breasts he felt his body on edge, even with all the pain. She simply would not give up. Ever. He had to realize that. When she asked for the book, he slowly turned and reached for it. "You're torturing me" he said referring to the book but also to what she was doing.

"Read something very interested. Historical, I'd prefer" he said and tried to relax back in a way that would not hurt his wound.

1 person likes this

Taking his selected book she raised an eyebrow at his choice but took it all the same. It was not strictly history but there was history in it. It was an account of an early explorer that had headed east of Neromenian and the tribes there and into the jungles of Rivain.

"There, amongst the unusual flora and fauna I came upon a dark skinned tribe..." Marcella was very interested in this, foreign peoples were something she was actually intrigued by...

1 person likes this

Sextus listened with his full attention drawn to the read. Marcella really had the perfect tone for it so he allowed himself to be carried away by the story, a smile on his face the entire time.

Her voice was like a lullaby, and sextus found himself being completely distracted from the pain.  So distracted that he could finally sleep without being in pain. 

1 person likes this

When she noticed he was falling asleep Marcella with a smirk on her face and curious if he would notice she began pretending to read about the tribe and the adventurer witnessing a carnal act. She went into details about it, vivid details, she tried not to laugh as she got creative with the text. It was a "fertility" ritual and Marcella used the text and weaved her own narrative into it.

Sextus had almost fallen asleep when she changed the subject and lazily opened his eyes to look at her.  With a smile he shut them again, his hand resting on her cheek, caressing it a bit. "that is not the way it goes"  he muttered and surrendered himself into deep slumber his hand still resting on her cheek. 

1 person likes this

She frowned when he touched her, not because she did not want his touch but because she knew it was not "real". Nevertheless, Marcella turned onto her side and kissed his fingers and then watched as he slept. If he looked like he was stirring she would caress him, careful not to touch his back. Pushing his hair out of his face she hoped he was having deep sleep. He needed it to get through the next day.